CURRENT GUILD TRADER LOCATIONS:
Imperial Traders Guild: Merv Sarys, ORSINIUM • Imperial Traders Guild 2: Logogru, ORSINIUM

What got you into ESO?

The place to discuss a variety of ITG and ESO related topics.

Moderator: Management

SirApplesauce
Manager

What got you into ESO?

Postby SirApplesauce » February 9th, 2017, 6:53 am

I thought I'd get some discussion going in the discussion board. For me ESO is actually the first mmo I've really gotten into. I've always loved the Elder Scrolls series and was excited when they first announced this. However I was scared away at first due to the rocky start but finally decided to buy it on sale. I'm happy I did, love this game and its people. So ITG, how did you discover ESO?

greevir
Manager

Re: What got you into ESO?

Postby greevir » February 9th, 2017, 7:08 am

I have played ESO since the closed beta. After finishing up Skyrim for like the 5th time, I wanted more Elder Scrolls. Seeing as I was getting tired of playing World of Warcraft (played it for about 10 years) ESO was a match made in heaven.

itchc
Manager

Postby itchc » February 12th, 2017, 1:55 am

I played in the beta stages and for a month during release. Only just returned to check the state of the game and I'm really enjoying what its become. Hoping to continue playing into the future :)
Mitchee - Resident Imperial Drunkard

nzblustone
Director

Postby nzblustone » February 12th, 2017, 3:05 am

Skyrim!

Never really got into the ESO games before that one.
Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBA]

greevir
Manager

Postby greevir » February 13th, 2017, 12:46 pm

nzblustone wrote:Skyrim!

Wait, you never got into Morrowind!? BLASPHEMY!

nzblustone
Director

Postby nzblustone » February 13th, 2017, 11:44 pm

greevir wrote:
nzblustone wrote:Skyrim!

Wait, you never got into Morrowind!? BLASPHEMY!

I never played them when they were released I tried them much later and by then the graphics were very dated which made it hard to get immersed.
Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBA]

Udu
Director

Postby Udu » February 18th, 2017, 2:46 am

I got tired of buying so many games on Steam and never finishing them (or even playing many of them). Always wanted to play this game, but tend to shy away from MMOs as I have a tendency to become consumed by them.

Laudara
Trader

Postby Laudara » February 19th, 2017, 11:54 pm

One day my husband and I got into a fight about something stupid, and he knew he was wrong (ofc). He "went for a drive" like he always does when he's mad, and came home with a small stack of xbox games as an apology gift. Oblivion was one of the games, and I was hooked immediately. Been a fan of Elder Scrolls games ever since and when I heard there was going to be an MMO version I got so excited. Never played one before though, so to get some exp in MMO's I started playing WoW until ESO came out. Ended up getting hooked on WoW pretty bad. I did the beta testing for ESO, pre-ordered the Imperial edition, and played it for a couple months when it was released. I didn't like it at first, but stayed subbed just in case. Took me a couple years only peeking in every so often before I got into it lol. I got really tired of WoW and stopped playing that, and here I am! :D Now that I like it, I have almost no time to devote to it though. Go figure lol.

xlargemarge
Trader

Postby xlargemarge » March 24th, 2017, 11:39 am

A friend at work gave me Oblivion and I loved playing that. Played Skyrim when it came out and that was my go to game for a long time. I wasn't interested in MMO's and wasn't excited about ESO. In November 2016 Steam had a free weekend to try ESO, so I thought what they hell and I really enjoyed more than I thought. I have been hooked ever since.
@Shamus44

Nominia
Trader

Postby Nominia » April 24th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Was always a gamer, sometimes I played more often then I probably should have. Went from playing MMORPG's to just playing single player type games. I just missed the interaction of a good MMO, so I looked around for a decent MMO and ended up getting ESO. I'm a little late to the game, but I just want to have some fun again. Hope to see you around.

---Nom

Return to “General Discussion”